The Division 2 Gunner specialization was confirmed a while back but if you have a copy of the game then you can check it out now. The new update allows you to access the new specialization. The major highlight of the gunner is that it uses a minigun.
This is a very heavy weapon, so there are some limitations when you use it. When you use the gun, you cannot take cover, roll or sprint. On the plus side, any enemies that are suppressed by your fire give you bonus armor.
The Gunner specialization in The Division 2 also have the Riot Foam Grenade and it can supply teammates with extra ammo too. The Gunner has its own skill tree in The Division 2 so you can take advantage of all the upgrades.
If you have the season pass then you can check out the Gunner specialization immediately but if you do not then you will have to complete special field research missions. There are 5 missions that you need to complete in total in order to unlock the Gunner. Different perks that you can unlock using the skill tree are as follows:
- Incessant: Kills grant 5% armor
- Coupler: Every 5th reload is 50% faster
- Hardened Armor Kits: Armor kits provide 100% armor and 50% bonus armor for 10 seconds.
- Banshee: Launches a forward arc of pulse energy that confuses enemies that are caught in the wave. This also penetrates cover.
- Microwave Amplifier: This mod increases the effect of Banshee.
- Directional Transmitter: This mod increases the range of Banshee.
- Supply Line: Generates 10% of total ammo capacity every 60 seconds. Party members get 5%.
- Barrage: Rate of fire increases by 5% on kills for 5 seconds.
- Emplacement: 20% weapon handling after being motionless for 1 second.
- Vital Protection: Reduce the chance of getting critically hit in fights by 20%.
- Minigun Ammo Acquisition: Killing multiple enemies without releasing the trigger adds 3 to the ammo bar.
- Group Signature Ammo Acquisition: Killing multiple enemies without releasing the trigger adds 1 to the group members’ ammo bar.
- Signature Weapon Damage: Weapon damage increases with tiers.
- Riot Foam Grenade: Special grenade that holds enemies in place.
The Gunner has some unique skill tree upgrades and it allows you to increase the damage of pretty much any kind of weapon rather than limiting the player to a certain weapon type. It also comes with a large pouch upgrade. Pass holders can access the same challenges but can earn additional unique cosmetic items.
If you are playing the game then you can check out the following guides that might prove to be helpful:
- Garage Stash Secret Side Mission Walkthrough
- Campus Comms Collectibles Locations
- Castle Comms Collectibles Locations
- Crimson Hunter Mask Location
Let us know what you think about the new Gunner specialization in The Division 2.