Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has plenty of decisions for the player to make. These have short-term and long-term effects. All this decides which ending you are going to get. In this Assassin’s Creed Valhalla guide, we are going to walk you through how you can get the best ending in the game.
There are two kinds of informal endings of the game. One of them is a good end and the other is rather bad. Both of these endings revolve around Sigurd’s character. There are multiple important decisions that you will take which will help in determining the end of the adventure’s finale.
Note that the Order of Ancients is there as a side activity and does not affect the overall ending that you get and does not have any influence on your relationship with Sigurd.
How To Get The Best Ending In Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
The following are all the choices that are going to influence Sigurd and the effects of those decisions:
Taking Things To England
You can make this decision near the ending of the saga. The seas of fate is the title of the main quest.
- Leaving stuff in Norway with Styrbjorn – the father of Sigurd. This will help in improving the attitude of Sigurd.
- Bringing stuff to England with you for expanding the first settlement and not caring about the fact that Styrbjorn is the actual owner of all the stuff.
You will get the opportunity of romancing very early on in this game. However, in this case, when the questline of East Anglia was completed, this topic came up. There are two separate chapters for when the romance with Randvi starts and its course. The side quest is titled the Taken for Granted.
- Rejecting the advances that Randvi is making after she had kissed Eivor will help in improving the attitude of Sigurd.
- Having romance with Randvi while Sigurd is not available will result in his attitude worsening.
If you are interested in learning more then you can check out our Randvi romance guide.
Confronting Basin And Sigurd In Oxenefordscire
While you are in the region of the Oxenefordscire, completing the storyline, these characters will start confronting.
- Not punching Basim will help in an improved attitude of Sigurd.
- If you punch both of them, first Basim and then Sigurd will definitely have a bad effect on Sigurd’s attitude.
Once the storyline in the Cent region is completed, you will have to confront Dag. While Sigurd is absent, Dag is going to challenge Eivor for the family’s leadership. Dag will almost die while kneeling and almost defeated, that is when the game takes into account his decision.
- Sigurd’s mood will become better if Dag is given his axe and is allowed to get to Valhalla.
- If Dag is sent to Helheim and is not given his axe will deteriorate Sigurd’s mood.
For more information, you can check out our Dag boss fight guide.
Judgement by Sigurd On Holger And Gudrun
After the storylines in Essexe and Suthsexe are completed, the fight between the characters Gurdun and Holger will be triggered which is from another scene. Originally Eivor was supposed to give the verdict but eventually, Sigurd will be the one to make the final call.
- If you agree with the judgment of Sigurd, this will help in improving his attitude
- Disagreeing with Sigurd will worsen his attitude
Effects On The Ending
The game and Sigurd are dependant on your decisions for getting to the finale of the main questline which is when you pay a visit to one of the more mysterious locations in the region of Hordafylke.
After you have won the fight against Basim, your relationships in the game to date will be summarized by Sigurd, which will explain why he made certain decisions. In order for the best ending to appear, there must be three situations that should occur:
- You chose Sigurd’s decision 5 times and have not opposed him once
- You chose to go with the decision of Sigurd 4 times, but oppose him once
- You went against Sigurd twice but also favored him 3 other times
The best ending to Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is when Sigurd makes his mind about staying in with Eivor in England. He will get rid of all his titles and will let Eivor take place as the new leader of the Raven clan. The relations between Eivor and Sigurd remain friendly even after he has removed himself from the sidelines.
Another end, “the worse one” of the game could have been that Sigurd stayed in Norway and did not go back to England with Eivor.
This is how you can get the best ending in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. If you are interested in learning more about the game then you can check out our guide on how you can beat the Builder in the Asgard questline.