Wattson was added in season 2 of Apex Legends and is a relatively new character in the game. The character has plenty of unique abilities but has low mobility and cannot make a quick escape. In this guide, we are going to go over how you can play Wattson.
Apex Legends Wattson Guide
Wattson can be seen as the most defensive and support focused character in the game. She likes to take a position and fortify it for the rest of the team. The following is what you need to know about Wattson in Apex Legends.
Her passive ability is Spark of Genius. This ability allows Ultimate Accelerants to fully charge your ultimate ability. Standing near INterception Pylons will boost your tactical ability recharge. While we recommend giving the Ultimate Accelerants to Lifeline, if there is a Wattson on the team, then she should get them instead.
Her tactical ability is Perimeter Security. This lets you put down nodes that connect with one another and create an electric fence that damage and slow enemies that pass through it. The cooldown for this ability is 30 seconds.
Her ultimate ability is Interception Pylon. This lets Wattson put down an electrified pylon that destroys incoming ordnance and repairs damaged shields. This means that you get a very save area for your team to heal and recover.
- You should try and hide the electric nodes as they can be damaged
- Use your tactical when possible. Perimeter Security has multiple charges and the nodes can be picked back up if needed.
- You need to communicate when and where you are going to use your ultimate as they can render your team’s grenades useless.
- The Interception Pylon can be damaged as well. So try and keep it out of sight.
- If Mirage’s decoys hit your fence then your position will be revealed.
Feel free to use your abilities. Wattson’s abilities are flexible and have a low cooldown. So be sure to use them when possible.
Be sure to place your nodes and pylons carefully. If you do so then you are going to be rewarded accordingly. They can be destroyed if the enemies can see them from a mile away.
With Wattson, you need to work with your team and communicate when you are going to use your ultimate ability. Other than that, she has little mobility and cannot escape quickly. If you are playing Wattson then sticking with the team is very important.