Mirage is the trickster in Apex Legends. He uses holographs of himself to confuse enemy players. In this guide, we are going to go over Mirage, his abilities and how you can play him in Apex Legends.
Apex Legends Mirage
While Mirage is the trickster of the game he is kind of a one-trick pony. All his abilities rely on him creating decoys of himself. This is one of the reasons why he is often considered one of the weakest Legends in the game when it comes to abilities. The following is what you need to know about Mirage.
His passive ability is Encore!. This creates of decoy of Mirage and a cloak once Mirage is knocked down. The cloak and the decoy last for 5 seconds. This gives you a bit of a safety net so that you are not finished off instantly and your squad has a chance to revive you.
His tactical ability is Psyche Out. This sends out a holograph to confuse enemies. The ability lasts 15 seconds and has a cooldown time of 15 seconds as well. The decoy will spawn and run forwards in a straight line. If an enemy shoots the decoy then you will be alerted.
His ultimate ability is Vanishing Act. This deploys a team of decoys to distract the enemies while the real Mirage is cloaked and out of sight. This can be helpful in certain situations but the decoys standstill.
- When cloaked you are not totally invisible. You can still be executed.
- Psyche out should be used for recon purposes. This is great for finding the locations of unseen snipers.
- Decoys have footstep sounds just like normal players and can confuse other players.
- Using Psyche Out while sliding will make the decoys slide as well. This trick can be used to confuse enemies when needed.
- You can use Psyche out while dropping, at the start of the match.
- Psyche out can be used while healing and will not interrupt your progress.
- You can only send out one decoy at a time while using Psyche Out.
- Decoys can be used to safely trigger Caustic’s Nox Gas Traps. This will notify you of where Caustic is.
- Using the ultimate at declines will cause the decoys to run downhill.
- While the ultimate ability is active, you cannot use weapons, items or throwable until the cloak wears off.
At times you can holster your weapon and act as a decoy. Run in a straight line and stop. Enemy players that do not shoot at you might think that you are a decoy and might not pay any attention to you.
You should have an aggressive playstyle in order to make the most out of Mirage and his abilities. Use this ultimate and tactical ability to initiate fights rather than running away from them.
The cooldown on the tactical ability is very low. So you should use it as much as possible. Use it while healing, reviving, initiating fights, scouting and even dropping.