Octane is a daredevil and an adrenaline junkie. He relies on his speed to dominate the arena. In this guide, we are going to go over Octane, his abilities and how you can play him in Apex Legends.
Apex Legends Octane
Octane is the fastest and most mobile Legend in the game. He can easily beat Pathfinder and even Wraith when it comes to speed. He can race across King’s Canyon at an incredible rate. The following is what you need to know about Octane in Apex Legends.
His passive ability is Swift Mend. This allows Octane to regenerate health over time. Shields are not regenerated and this only applies to his health. This makes him a very durable character. Passively, he will regenerate 1 health every 2 seconds.
His tactical ability is Stim. This allows Octane to move 30% faster for 6 seconds at the cost of his health. The cooldown for this is 2 seconds. The loss in health is not going to matter much keeping in mind that he can heal over time due to his passive ability. Using the ability will take away 10 health which will recover in 20 seconds.
His ultimate ability is Launch Pad. This deploys a jump pad that catapults teammates through the air. Just keep in mind that once in place, it can be used by enemy players as well.
- Swift Mend will not heal you for a short time if you take damage.
- Swift Mend will not work when Stim is active but it does activate itself once Stim has worn off.
- The health regeneration is not something that you should rely on too much. It will not save you against enemies in most situations as the healing per second is not all that high.
- Even though Stim takes away a part of your HP, you cannot kill yourself with it. You will always be left with 1 HP.
- You can chain Stims at the start of the match to gain the advantage when looting.
- Stim can be used while healing and reloading.
- At the start of the game, you should be careful regarding how you use Stim especially if you do not have armor. Your health is all that you have.
- Give yourself time to heal between Stims.
- Placing the Launch Pad on a decline or incline will have no effect on the trajectory.
- Knocked down players can bounce on Launch Pads too. You can place one down to help a knocked teammate get out of danger.
- Grenades can bounce off the Launch Pad as well. This will throw them much further but you will need to be accurate.
You should not be afraid of having low health. With Octane you should live life on the edge. You should have a high-risk high-reward kind of playstyle with this Legend. Take advantage of his Stim as much as possible and put pressure on the other teams.
With the 30 increase in movement speed Octane gets very hard to hit. Learn to effectively spam A/D in order to make the most out of this character.
Octane is great when it comes to repositioning. You can reposition before the enemy knows what is going on. When you are Stimmed your squadmates are not going to be able to keep up with you so feel free to flank when you want. But this is another high-risk move that can turn out to be great at times but not always.
Octane can be paired with Pathfinder and Wraith to get a very mobile squad.