Bloodhound is a hunter or tracker in Apex Legends and is always useful on any team. In this Apex Legends guide, we are going to walk you through the abilities of Bloodhound and tell you different tips and tricks that will help you play him.
Apex Legends Bloodhound
Bloodhound used to be the only recon Legend in the game but now he is up against Crypto in season 3 of the game. But that does not mean that he is no longer useful in Apex Legends. The following is what you need to know about Bloodhound in Apex Legends if you are new to the game:
Bloodhound is ideal for both aggressive and defensive plays. His heightened senses give you information regarding enemies and where they are located. Experienced players can take advantage of this information to flank the enemy and ambush them. You can check out the hero if you are new to the game but he does take some getting used to.
His passive ability, tracker, allows you to see footsteps that are left behind by enemies. You can ping any of your findings to your squad if you find them useful. Note that your teammates will not notice the clues unless you ping the clues.
Tracker not only shows footsteps but other information regarding whether an enemy was bleeding or looting in the area. The full list of clues is as follows:
- Use Door
- Destroy Door
- Class Deployable
- Took Damage
- Fire Bullet
- Throw Grenade
- Opened Supply Drop
- Opened Loot Bin
- Zipline Start
- Zipline Stop
- Wraith Tactical Start
- Wraith Tactical End
- Pickup Loot
- Drop Loot
- Caustic Trap
- Lifeline Bot
- Gibraltar Shield
- Wraith Ultimate
The tactical ability is the Eye of the Allfather. This lets you see hidden enemies, traps and clues throughout structures that you in front of you. His ultimate is Beast of the Hunt. This allows you to move faster and highlights enemies. Bloodhound gains 30% movement speed while the ability is active and it lasts for 35 seconds.
While this active, you will be able to see enemies and their footsteps through smoke and gas. Enemies will not be able to outrun you while this ability is active unless you are up against another Bloodhound.
- When the passive ability is active you should communicate your findings to the rest of your squad.
- Pinging clues does not reveal time. It is best to communicate that to your team.
- Eye of the Allfather is directional and does not radiate in all directions. Face the correct way to make full use of it.
- Only use Eye of the Allfather if you have an upper hand in combat. Do not use it for defense as it will give away your location.
- Eye of the Allfather is great when combined with Bangalore’s Smoke Canisters or Caustic’s Nox Gas.
- Beast of the Hunt will make your screen go grey and will highlight enemies so that you can see them clearly. Enemies and clues will turn red.
- Use Beast of the Hunt if you heading into a fight. Do not try and keep it on hold for later.
- Movement speed is the same for moving forward, backward, left or right. This means that you can avoid bullets by moving in different directions when Beast of the Hunt is active.
- When Beast of the Hunt is active you should be on the move. Try not to waste time aiming down sights or standing still. Go flank the enemy.
The following are some guidelines regarding how you should be playing Bloodhound in Apex Legends:
While you can play Bloodhound defensively, he is most effective on the offense. His abilities are ideal for closing gaps and flanking the enemy.
When playing Bloodhound you need to make quick and bold decisions. Apex Legends is dominated by close-quarters fights. While you can fight from a distance, the enemy can always hide and heal. That is why you should get up close and personal with the enemy and deal with foes quickly.
You should not be afraid of using abilities in the heat of battle. Using your abilities only takes a second. Just be sure not to use the tactical ability of Bloodhound when you are trying to be sneaky.
Bangalore pairs well with Bloodhound. Smoke enemies and take them out when they cannot see properly.