Fortnite was released two years ago, on July 21, 2017. The game is developed and published by Epic Games. Shortly after its release, the game attracted millions of players because of the unique gameplay it featured. At the moment, it is considered as the top battle royale title above, followed by PUBG and Apex Legends. There are some things that set Fortnite apart from other battle royale titles, and one of them is gifting. As its name suggests, this feature allows you to send gifts to your friends. In other words, you can send various cosmetic items.
Things You Can’t Gift
Before we get into how gifting works, there are a few things that you can’t gift. These are:
- Battle Passes or Battle Pass Tier Bundles
- Items not currently available in the in-game item shop.
- Items present in your locker.
The feature is limited to skins, outfits, emotes, and some other cosmetic items only. In addition to this, make sure to give the right gift to your friend since all gifts are non-refundable.
How gifting works in Fortnite
The process of gifting in Fortnite is really simple. Below, we are going to explain how you can gift an item to your friend in the game.
- From the main lobby, go to the item shop and select any featured item.
- After you select an item, a purchase screen will appear. This is where you will have to select the “buy as a gift” option.
- Once you do that, Fortnite will ask you to select friends from your Epic friends list.
- Choose the friend who you want to gift the item to and select continue.
- You will also get the luxury to add a personal message along with the gift.
- Now, select the color of the virtual gift box that you’re about to send, and press the “send” button.
And that’s it. Once your friend opens the game, he’ll get a message that will say “someone wonderful sent you a gift.”
Enabling 2FA in Fortnite
Before you can gift anything, you might have to first enable 2FA on your account since Epic will ask you to do it. For those who don’t know, 2FA, or two-factor authentication, is a feature that asks us to enter two codes every time we log in to our Epic account from a new location. To enable it, you will have to go to the “Password and Security” section of your account and choose the option to enable two-faction authentication from the bottom of the page. You will be able to enable 2FA via an app or email.
Another important thing to keep in mind is that you can only send a maximum of three gifts per day. In addition to this, you can send gifts to only those players who you’ve been friends for at least 48 hours. The gifting feature is currently available on every platform, except for iOS. Other than that, you won’t face any problems during the process since the process is quite simple and easy.