Pathfinder is a very mobile character in Apex Legends and can be used to help your team move around the arena quickly. In this guide, we are going to go over how you can play Pathfinder.
Apex Legends Pathfinder Guide
Pathfinder comes in handy when you need to get inside the ring quickly. The following is what you need to know about this Legend.
His passive ability is Insider Knowledge. This allows Pathfinder to scan a beacon and reveal the location of the next ring. This can be useful in planning ahead. You can head over to the next ring and prepare to ambush enemies and take them by surprise.
Pathfinder is also affected by Low Profile which increases incoming damage by 5%.
His tactical ability is Grappling Hook. This can be used to get out of reach places quickly. This is one of the most complex abilities in the game. Not only it is going to get you from one point to another but it can be used to swing as well. This is one way of covering huge distances fast.
His ultimate ability is Zipline Gun. This creates a zipline for everyone to use. Keep in mind that not only your teammates can use it but enemy players as well.
- If the current ring is about to end then you should wait for it to end before scanning a survey beacon otherwise you are going to waste your passive ability.
- Scanning a survey beacon takes around 7 seconds. You will have to stand still and will be open to attacks. Keep that in mind.
- As you scan the survey beacon a loud audio cue will emmit. This can be heard from a distance. So beware of enemies that might head your way.
- Grappling Hook can be used on enemies as well. You can use it to get to enemies quickly. You can also use it to pull them towards you.
- Jump at the end of your grapple to conserve momentum and cover more ground.
- The ability cooldown will not be triggered if the grappling hook is not attached to anything.
- Grappling Hook has a very short cooldown, so make sure to use it when possible.
- Use Zipline to reposition yourself so that you can flank the enemy.
- The Zipline will stay there for the rest of the game and enemies can use it as well.
- Firing the Zipline Gun has an audio cue that can be heard by enemies that are at a distance.
When playing Pathfinder you should be aggressive. Look for flanks and take the enemy out. This might seem like general advice as it applies to many Legends but for Pathfinder you have plenty of options.
Pathfinder has a large hitbox when compared to other Legends but you can make up for that with the increased mobility of the Legend. Be sure to swing, slide and jump during fights to make things a bit more difficult for the enemy rather than standing still.
The grappling hook has a very low cooldown time so you should use it whenever possible.
While staying close to the rest of your team is something that we recommend. Things are a bit different when you are playing Pathfinder. You can go ahead of your team from time to time. Just be sure not to overdo it. Use your mobility and scout the area ahead and plan accordingly with your team.