Circles of Slaughter and Trials in Borderlands 3 are a form of raid. These are side missions that are not linked to any of the planets in the game. In this Borderlands 3 guide, we are going to walk you through the Circles of Slaughter and Trials.
Borderlands 3 Circles of Slaughter and Trials
The following is what you need to know about the Circles of Slaughter and Trials side missions in Borderlands 3:
Circles of Slaughter
The arenas of the Circles of Slaughter have previously appeared in Borderlands games. In Borderlands 3, it is a completely separate location where you will fight against the waves of your opponents. But first, you have to discover that three arenas exist. The following is how you can do that:
- On Promethea, go to Meridian Metroplex. You can find the path to Cistern of Slaughter.
- When you go back to the planet Promethea (after starting the “Blood Drive” main mission), visit the region of Konrad’s Hold. You will find the path to The Slaughter Shaft.
- On Nectotafeyo planet, visit the region of Desolation’s Edge. Find the news board and pick the “Welcome to Slaughterstar 3000” side mission. Interact with the navigation computer after you have gotten back to Sanctuary. Now fly to Slaughterstar 3000.
After that, you have to have a chat with the organizer, who organizes the battles in the arena. Doing this will add the side quest you need into your log.
The battles in the arena will start only when you go inside the arena and press the button. Battles in the Circle of Slaughter arena have multiple rounds. In each round, you need to get rid of a mob.
The arenas of Circle of Slaughter are ideal XP grinding and farming unique loot. Completing every battle in all of the arenas will get you the Slaughterhouse 3 trophy.
Eridian Proving Grounds
We can describe the trials as a sort of raid. They are also called Eridian Proving Grounds. A number of battles are fought with the enemies in these locations so that you can get to the boss.
Finding the exclamation marks of the related side quests will help you in learning more about the Trials. Keep in mind that not all the exclamation marks will appear upon arriving on a planet for the first time. It is best to finish the main story and get to the end-game content.
- Trial of Cunning – In The Splinterlands region of Pandora, look for the yellow exclamation mark.
- Trial of Discipline – In the Meridian Outskirts region of Promethea, look for the yellow exclamation mark.
- Trial of Fervor – On Eden-6, in the Jakob’s Estate region, look for the yellow exclamation mark.
- Trial of Instincts – On Eden-6, look for the yellow exclamation mark in the region of the Floodmoor Basin.
- Trial of Supremacy – On Necrotafeyo Desolation’s Edge region, look for the yellow escalation mark.
- Trial of Survival – Find the yellow exclamation mark on the Pandora, Devil’s Razor region.
After you have added these quest to the log, go back to Sanctuary and use the computer that is on the Captain’s Bridge for counting the flights that are related to the raid. To get to the surface via drop pod found in the cargo bay.
You have to have a chat with the designated NPC after you have gotten to the proving ground. A raid will start. This is a difficult challenge and you can always fall down. So, we recommend that you do this with a group of friends.
The following are the rules for proving grounds. These are going to remain the same.
- The time for completing the raid is limited. Leaving the area before completing the objective can also lead to failure. You can, however, talk to the character at the entrance again in order to start the raid again.
- You have to explore multiple large areas with enemy mobs at the beginning of every raid. The game will force you to get rid of all of them.
- Raids can also feature optional objectives. This can include completing a raid in a specific time. You do not need to complete these additional challenges in order to get the proving grounds trophy.
Fighting with the mini-boss is the basic objective and the most vital aspect of the raid. This is generally a powerful and stronger version of a monster you may already have encountered. Bosses can have several bars of health as they can mutate during the battle.
At the very end of the raid, you have to open a chest that contains randomized high-quality loot. The raid can be repeated over and over again, but in order to get the 100 Proof trophy, you only need to do them once.
This is what you need to know about Circles of Slaughter and Trials in Borderlands 3. If you are interested in learning more about the game then you can check out our Necrotafeyo side quests guide.