Returnal’s combat is in a league of its own. The more threats you eliminate, the farther you will progress in the game and get closer to ending the cycle of chaos on the Atropos. Returnal uses the Adrenaline system in the game, which makes the combat more hectic and enjoyable. In this Returnal guide, we are going to go over how you can increase your adrenaline levels.
How To Increase Adrenaline Levels In Returnal
The average combat experience for every player in Returnal can be overpowering. Sometimes, the enemies coming your way are endless. Eliminating them fast and together is critical here. I know it will be hard to believe but not taking damage makes the combat very easy.
Killing three enemies in succession without taking any hit will increase your Adrenaline level by one level. The more kills you manage to get, the more your adrenaline level will increase slowly but surely. Every Adrenaline level gives you a different perk that eases combat.
- Level 1 – Enhanced Overload: This enlarges the faster reload bar allowing you to reload faster.
- Level 2 – Enhanced Vision: This allows you to see enemies through all objects, be it objects or walls.
- Level 3 – Enhanced Melee: This reduces the cooldown of your melee attack allowing you to chain melee attacks faster.
- Level 4 – +50% Proficiency: This increases your weapon’s proficiency.
- Level 5 – +50% more Obolites: This increases the number of Obolites you get.
Do remember taking any hit by enemies will reset your Adrenaline level. So make sure you do not get hit much and try chaining kills to keep your level high.
This is how you can increase your adrenaline levels in Returnal. If you are interested in learning more about the game then you can check out our guide on how you can pass through the energy barriers.